Success by Design was recently awarded the GSA 8(a) STARS III 47QTCB21D0132 GWAC by the US General Services Administration. 8(a) STARS III, is GSA’s fourth-generation 8(a) GWAC. STARS III is a multiple-award indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity (MA-ID/IQ) contract designed to provide federal agencies with innovative IT services-based solutions from vetted 8(a) small disadvantaged businesses, in support of meeting their socioeconomic contracting goals. Through STARS III, agencies can access award-winning 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle, saving time and taxpayer money over open-market methods. The STARS III contract ceiling is $50 billion.[/vc_column_text]The primary North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for the Master Contract is designated as 541512, Computer Systems Design Services. Requirements that align with other IT services NAICS codes are within the scope of the STARS III GWAC that include, but are not limited to: 41511,541513,541519 and 518210.
Examples of work are not meant to be all-inclusive, but rather general indications of the types of services within a given IT services-based solution:
- Data Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- IT Operations and Maintenance
- IT Security / IT workforce augmentation
- Software Development
- Systems Design
8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resource for Services (STARS) III :8(a) STARS III is a multiple award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (MA/IDIQ) GWAC set aside exclusively for SBA certified 8(a) IT firms. 8(a) STARS III provides Federal agencies with customized IT services and IT services-based solutions, both commercial and non-commercial, as defined in the Clinger-Cohen Act and FAR 2.101. Customized IT services-based solutions, which can be tailored to meet an agency’s particular mission requirements. The principal nature of any resulting task order procurement must be for IT services; however, ancillary support may be included when it is integral to and necessary for the IT services-based effort. Services may be performed at Government and Contractor locations worldwide, as specified in each task order. Federal buyers who wish to use the 8(a) STARS III GWAC must receive training and be granted a delegation of procurement authority prior to issuing task orders. Please send an email to email@example.com for more information. The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
Simple Steps to Establish 8(a) Sole Source Contract with Success By Design. The Government program manager or interested party develops a statement of work, prepares government estimate, and obtains the necessary funding.
- The Government program manager or interested party chooses Success By Design to perform the work and submits a procurement request to the agency contracting officer.
- The agency contracting officer prepares and submits an “Offer Letter” to GDS’s SBA Business Development Specialist at 8 (a) Business Development Program at below contact information: 8 (a) Business Development Program Team. SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency contracting officer who submits the Statement of Work and Request for Proposal or Quotation to Success By Design
- Reduced decision cycle: the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract is usually within days.
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum.
- Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value.
- Credit for promoting small business participation within agency.
- Can initiate a contract with a simple high-level statement of work.